StriveAV Limited is committed to promoting sustainability and minimising the environmental impact of the Company’s activities. Our aim is to exercise proper control over our activities in order to promote the use of sustainable resources and discourage wasteful or damaging practices. Where we have influence, we will strive to protect the earth’s resources for future generations.
The Directors, Management and employees of StriveAV Ltd are committed to limit any adverse impact on the environment of our business operations.
Our Principles & Commitment
- To comply with environmental legislation, regulations and codes of practice.
- To integrate sustainable and environmental considerations into all our business decisions at every level of the company.
- To promote awareness and understanding of environmental issues among all staff, suppliers, contractors, customers, shareholders and within the local community.
- To ensure our activities in the office, warehouse and transportation are sustainable.
- To review and strive to continuously improve our sustainability performance.
The company will maintain an Environmental Management System (EMS) which aims to meet the requirements of ISO 14001 as per our EMS Policy.
- Where we are able to, ensure company vans are loaded as fully as possible to avoid unnecessary journeys.
- Manage the regular routes taken by our van drivers to ensure efficiency.
- Promote the use of appropriate sized vehicles when arranging transport of goods to
optimise the vehicle’s capacity.
- Consider the environmental impact and sustainability of any new procedures or new developments.
Travel and Meetings
- Use videoconferencing where possible
- Share transport when two employees are travelling together to meetings.
- When recruiting new staff, try to attract local people whose journey to work would have less impact on the environment.
- Encourage staff to travel to work in the most environmentally efficient way.
Purchasing (Supply Chain)
- Aim to purchase environmentally efficient equipment and bio-based products.
- Influence suppliers and contractors to support our environmental and sustainability policy when ordering goods and services.
- Buy cardboard packaging made from recycled materials or from well-managed, sustainable sources.
- Re-use boxes that we have received from our customers.
- Encourage empties suppliers to accept used collection boxes from us to collect their empty toner and inkjets.
- Encourage empties suppliers to re-use their own cardboard packaging to collect smaller quantities of empty toner and inkjets.
- Promote our principles concerning the environment and sustainability to our staff, customers, contractors and suppliers and to the local community.
- Limit the possibility of environmental accidents and draw up a contingency plan.
- Evaluate, control and reduce the noise within and outside the site where practicable.